Sunday, April 17, 2011

i still know how to cry for other people

what is it called when you cry over someone elses misfortune? is it extreme empathy? its a strange ability/weakness...? i dont think anyone has this and if they do, i guarantee its not to the degree that i have it. i can go to pieces in seconds. just cried over an ex-boyfriends dad who i never met (altho did speak to him a few times through the 'net) and all through indirect news.. no recent communication with either but it affected me sorta hard and upclose, like someone said it to my face.


one experience that always sticks out in my mind was when my neighbors husband died. i was obviously never close to her since she was just my neighbor and is a good 40 years older than me. i saw her in the hallway 2 days after his death, i said Hi not looking at her pretending like i didnt know what happened. she said hi quietly back to me and i guess on impulse asked me how i was doing like she usually did and the most bizarre thing happened (im sure she thought so anyway), i literally looked directly into her eyes and didnt respond. iknew that no matter what id say,id burst into tears. i then turned away, saying nothing and practically ran out the door of my building. ijust couldnt do it. im like some kind of emotional sponge. and while it might seem fake to some people or endearing to someone else, one things for sure, its probably not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment